Afraid of all the toxic ingredients in store bought play dough / slime? We feel you. That’s why we make our own. It’s super easy and chances are you’ll already have the ingredients to make this without having to run to the store. Below are 2 methods, one for chocolate play dough and one for colourful slime. Bonus: it’s actually pretty fun to make!
2 x cups of plain flour
1 x half a cup of cocoa powder
1 x half a cup of salt
2 x tablespoons of cream of tartare
1.5 x cups of boiling water
3 x tablespoons of vegetable oil
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the oil and mix well (I use a whisk at this stage).
3. Add 1.5 cups of boiling water over the mixture & mix well.
4. Take the mixture out of the bowl and knead well.
1 x heaped tablespoon of psyllium husk powder
1 x cup of water
Food colouring of your choice
1. Combine ingredients in a microwaveable bowl with food colouring and whisk well.
2. Microwave for 2.5 minutes (it may explode out of the bowl in the microwave, don’t be alarmed).